- Recollect the Clinical anatomy and the physiology of abdominal wall and Inguinal region.
- Understand about the prosthesis.
- Preferred instruments for Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery.
- Learn Laparoscopic techniques of all types of hernia repair.
- Understanding of complications of hernia surgeries.
- Sterilization process in Hernia surgeries.
- Learning how to manage the mesh infections.
- Management of recurrent hernias.
- Best Practices and recommendations.
Who Should take up this course ?
- Laparoscopic surgeons
- Expert Surgeons doing Laparoscopic Hernia repair, for enhancing their skills
- Surgeons who want to start the Laparoscopic Hernia surgeries
Prof. R. Venkatachalam
Hernia is common problem of the society which involve 20% - 25% of the population. It is one of the diseases diagnosed by the patients themselves. A surgeon's responsibility is to treat the hernia effectively without any complication, especially without recurrence. All of us are well aware about the open hernia repair, as it is first surgery given to the postgraduates during their initial surgical training. Most of them practice open Liechtenstein repair which is an anterior repair. On the contrary, Laparoscopic Hernia Repair is posterior repair where the anatomy is entirely different. This is the only surgery where your open surgery knowledge will not be of much help during Laparoscopic hernia repair. This is the major reason for a long learning curve for laparoscopic hernia repair.
- 12 modules, each of 3 hrs duration, a total of 36 hrs
- 2 modules regarding Basics in hernia surgery
- 4modules regarding Inguinal hernia
- 4 modules regarding ventral hernias
- 2 modules regarding hiatus and diaphragmatic hernia
- At the end of each session 15 mins will be allotted for interaction
- Laparoscopic ventral hernia repair
- Laparoscopic IPOM (Unedited Live)
- Laparoscopic management of difficult incisional hernias (Unedited live)
- eTEP TAR -Laparoscopic sublay mesh repair (Unedited Live)
- Laparoscopic management of hiatus hernia
Module 12– Live from Theatre
- Laparoscopic TAPP
- Lap. inguinal hernia TAPP/ TE
- Laparoscopic IPOM
- eTEP TAR -Laparoscopic sublay mesh repair
- Post-operative care and follow up
- Complications of Hernia surgeries
- Winding Discussions (Live )
The summative assessment will be at the end of all the modules, questions arising from all the modules.
A 'Certificate of Achievement' will be issued on successful completion of assessments with a minimum score of 70% mark
* Applicant should enclose a valid UG & PG degree certificate (MS/DNB).
* Address Proof (AADHAR CARD/ PASSPORT/ DRIVING LICENSE/ PASSBOOK).
Medical Council of India does not recognize courses that are offered through online or blended learning platform.
Once you complete the enrolment process, you will be provided with a unique enrolment number and login details to Mediknit.org. If in case, you haven’t received the same within 3 working days from enrolment, please feel free to call us on +91 7899723391 or write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, it is an online learning program with online modules and no observership program. All you need is a laptop/ desktop/ tablet/ mobile with good internet connection. The program is available for a duration of total course duration from your date of joining the course. You could study as much as you can and as many times as you wish in that duration.
All assessments are online and MCQ based. Successful completion of which will make you eligible for certification.
The final online test will be unlocked as soon as you complete all the lectures. It will only be available for total of 12 weeks from your date of joining the course.
Three attempts, third attempt will be released on email request only.
What is the importance of this certificate? Is it like an additional degree? Can I apply for credit points from this certificate at the medical council?
This training course will help you enhance your knowledge and understanding hiatal hernia and the surgical techniques used in performing surgery. Presently, there are no credit points accredited to any university / medical body for this course.
No, We do not provide any placement assistance or guarantee.
Yes, you may ask questions on the platform, which will be answered by the faculty as early as possible.
No, there is no hands-on module. However, you will have access to live / virtual-live surgeries during the program. Observership not required as three-fourth of modules are well discussed live / virtual-live surgery sessions with interaction online.